Wednesday 27 October 2010

Blonde Ambition


I have long been a fan of Reese Witherspoon. I love everything about her. She is an extremely talented actress, with an Oscar to prove it. She has brains as well as beauty with her own Hollywood film production company, Type A films. She has managed to go from child actress to Hollywood star without any awkward moments or drugs-related breakdowns. She seems like a good mum, and I bet she’s an awesome person in real life. Also, we have the same name (her real name is Laura Jean Reese Witherspoon, she spells hers differently but I’ll let her off). In short, Reese Witherspoon is my role model. To put the cherry on top of my cake, her sartorial choices of late have been fabulously put together. She was photographed at an Avon event (for whom she is the face of) a couple of days ago, and she looks gorgeous. Her Jason Wu corset style dress was the perfect choice for her petite frame, just enough princess sparkle and frills to be cute without looking over-cooked. It’s interesting that I can imagine Taylor Swift in this dress too, when she has recently been spotted getting cozy with Reese’s (totally HOT) ex – Jake Gyllenhaal (lucky so-and-so).




Reese is currently filming This Means War with Chris Pine and (the also totally HOT) Tom Hardy (those lips man!). Her wardrobe for this film looks awesome too, lots of cute, flirty mini dresses with simple pumps and a chic cover up. Her hair is such a perfect shade of baby blonde, and I love it styled with plenty of volume. This hair style is now on my wish list, so thank god the length and colour isn’t too far away from my current style, I just need to grow our this silly demi-fringe.



Whilst looking at pictures of Reese on the This Means War set, I got thinking about other films that got me excited about her costume. Firstly, of course, we have her breakout role as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde (and Legally Blonde 2). I am not ashamed to admit that both of these films are very much my guilty pleasures. I loved the first film so much when it first came out, that I watched the video (yes, the VIDEO) everyday after school for 3 months straight, no word of a lie. The second film has the better costumes in my opinion, especially the pink Jackie O suit that Elle wears on her arrival in Washington, complete with pill box hat. If you haven’t seen these films (you should be ashamed) you should watch them right now!



I think Reese’s career fashion highlight has to be playing June Carter Cash in the Johnny Cash biopic, Walk the Line. With her trademark golden tresses dyed a chocolate brown, Reese looks beautiful in designs from the era. I love this shot of her sat on the bed, her hair looks amazing, look at all that volume! To die for. You can’t appreciate the costumes until you’ve seen them come to life in this film, so here’s the trailer for you, and if you haven’t already, please make a point to see this film.










No comments:

Post a Comment