Tuesday 12 October 2010

Fashion Barbie










Well this is just what was needed to cheer me up on a cold morning. The lovely Taylor Swift graces the cover of American Glamour’s November issue, and looks gorgeous whilst doing so. (Oh how strange, as I’m sat writing this Taylor’s new song just came on the radio). I do love the styling of the shoot, but I can’t help but think that this is a look we’ve seen on Taylor countless times before. As they say, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”, and the look isn’t broken, it’s just that the prom dresses and pastel colours are starting to feel a bit stale. For that reason, my favourite image of the 4 is the final one. I love that they’ve put her in something that isn’t candy coloured, that they’ve vamped up the make up ever-so slightly, and tied her hair back. And I love that she’s got a little sexy pose going on without looking too try-hard.

She did an awesome shoot for the New York Times Style magazine in December last year, and the stylist on this job deserves a round of applause because Taylor looked amazing. It’s like they took her ‘Good Girl’ image as inspiration and heightened it to such a degree that she looks like a caricature, an impeccably dressed caricature however, as she wears pieces from Burberry, Prada, Chanel and Givenchy, to name just a few. I can’t pick between shot 3 and shot 5 as my favourites, Taylor looks like Fashion Barbie. The pictures look kind of creepy, but in a good way, like she lives somewhere between Edward Scissorhands and The Virgin Suicides or something.












No comments:

Post a Comment