Tuesday 16 November 2010

Hot Gossip

Another day, another fashion filled event. This time it was Vogue’s Fashion Fund awards that had the best dressed guests.






My favourite on screen couple, Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick (Blair and Chuck in Gossip Girl for all the aliens reading this), looked scrumptiously stylish at the event. Leighton wore a custom created dress by (First Lady fave) Prabal Gurung, whilst Ed looked dapper in his casual striped jacket and un-buttoned shirt combo. Ed always looks slightly creepy in photo’s, and if it was anyone else I would even dare to call them slimy, but you can tell that he’d be a charmer rather than a sleaze. Whilst I know I should be cringing at this pose, I find myself swooning instead.






Chace Crawford (note to aliens: Nate Archibald) also looked suitably swoon worthy at the event, although his suit looks like it’s made out of linen and therefore could have done with a steam before it was sent down the red carpet. Blake Lively (Serena van der Woodsen) also looked lovely. I keep finding myself thinking “Do I actually really like Blake’s style, or do I just feel like I SHOULD?” She’s so hit and miss, one minute she looks hot and the next she wears something so WTF that it makes me double think. But I was glad to find my lady love for Blake rekindled after seeing photos of her at the Fashion Fund Awards. For someone who doesn’t use a stylist (although I’m pretty sure she has Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld on speed dial), when she gets it right, you have to hand it to her, she gets it RIGHT. She looks fabulous in this Chanel dress (thanks Uncle K), I’m pretty sure it will divide opinion. All that see-throughness may be a little too much for some folk, but die-hard fashion followers are bound to love it. My only problem? I can’t help but find myself screaming WHY DIDN’T YOU WEAR A BLACK BRA?!






Also looking notably cute at this particular soiree were Anna Paquin and Karlie Kloss. Another two of my favourites in fashion circles, as you will well know if you are a regular reader. Not so sure about Karlie’s kooky glasses, but hey-ho, the dress is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment