Sunday 1 May 2011

THAT Dress



What an amazing welcome back to the My Favourite Things blog, don't you think?

The Day that fashion spectators had been waiting with baited breath for finally arrived on Friday. Miss Catherine Middleton married her Prince Charming in what many would describe as the PERFECT dress.

I woke up early on Friday morning and had the TV on from 8am to make sure that I didn't miss a thing. And my, I wasn't disappointed. As soon as that first close up of Kate (sorry, CATHERINE) in her vintage Rolls Royce came on the screen, I gasped in awe. Did anyone else think 'Grace Kelly!' as soon as they saw the lace sleeves? I'm so glad that she chose Sarah Burton as her dress designer, it was the perfect mix of modern and classic, which, in turn, was the perfect choice for our modern but classic royal bride.

Her hair, worn in a half up-half down style, was perfect. Her make up, which she applied herself, was perfect. All in all, she looked absolutely perfect. If I looked half as good as Catherine on my wedding day, I'd be incredibly happy.

Not far behind in the style stakes was the future Princess's sister, Pippa. Also in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, it was a similar style we have seen on Cameron Diaz before (although Cameron's was a red version). I bet the older (more stale) royals got a shock as sexy Pippa sashayed up the aisle in her body skimming satin dress. She looked hot, a fact that Prince Harry clearly noticed. Did anyone else see their cheeky flirtings throughout the day? Loved it!




Hope you all loved the dress as much as me. Enjoy your long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment