Wednesday 18 August 2010

Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis




This looks like it's going to be good.

I love the look of ballet. It's so graceful and elegant. And the costumes are always beautiful. I also have a fashion crush on real ballet slippers (the satin kind that tie up the ankle). So just from those factors, for me this film holds a lot of promise.

Add into the ballet theme two of my favourite fashion-actresses (actresses that always bring their best game to the red carpet for premieres, ceremonies etc…) and you have a happy bunny.

I have long been a fan of Natalie Portman. I find her so beautiful on the red carpet, elegant but slightly daring. I have a feeling that she could morph into an Audrey Hepburn type fashionista as she has a similar ‘look’. I expect to see her wearing a lot of Rodarte on the promotional tour for Black Swan, of whom she is a big fan and always front row at NYFW. This suits me fine, I love Rodarte. Natalie was named the new face of Dior Parfums in June, so no doubt she will also wear a lot of Dior. She looks stunning in their designs, so I can’t see that this would be a bad thing, even if it is a contractual ‘you must wear x amount of Dior dresses’. Lanvin, Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney Jason Wu and Proenza Schouler are all brands that Natalie has been photographed wearing in the last year so I will expect a young and slightly edgy look from her, with plenty of support for a showcase of brands.


This is one of my favourite red carpet Natalie moments. At 2009's OSCARs in Rodarte.


Mila Kunis is new to the A List. Her star turn in Forgetting Sarah Marshall caught everyone’s attention, and before that I remember her from Get Over It with Kirsten Dunst, in which she stole every scene. She is currently filming Friends with Benefits with Justin Timberlake which is due out next year. So there will be plenty of red carpet appearances from Mila in the near future as she promotes both Black Swan and FWB. She is so incredibly gorgeous, I’m sure whatever her stylist(s) put her in she will look great. She has been photographed in Vera Wang twice this year at big events. With the film’s ballet theme and Vera’s love of tulle, I’m sure she’ll be getting a call for something glamorous and gorgeous for big city premieres. She is also a fan of Matthew Williamson, who is known for his love of Grecian drapery and girly goddess gowns. I hope to see a lovely MW frock on Mila Kunis.



This is one of my favourite red carpet Mila moments. At 2010's Costume Institue Gala in Vera Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment