Thursday 2 September 2010

Here Come the Girls







Now that Fashion month is around the corner, I’m starting to think about what, or rather who, I may see on the catwalks this season. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about the clothes too. Spring-Summer is my favourite season as there is always beautiful prints and colours that I can day dream about when the rotten weather gets a little bit too much for me. But I’m mostly looking forward to seeing which models brands will put on their runways.


I’m loving the recent use of a more womanly looking model on the runway. Now, we have obviously seen the emergence of Lara Stone in a big way over the past few seasons, so I expect to see her in the line up at least a few high profile shows. But I’m also excited to see whether designers will carry forward the spice they gave us with their AW2010 casting. Last season saw the likes of Prada, Giles and Louis Vuitton (above) using women usually only ever brought out for sexy catwalk moments such as the Victoria’s Secret fashion shows.


These models have shown the fashion world that they can do high fashion with the best of them, and that there is more to their modelling skills than boobs and butt. High Priestesses of sexy fashion such as Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes, Rosie Huntington Whiteley and Adriana Lima all walked the walk in front of a notoriously unreceptive-to-anything-above-a-size-zero fashion crowd. But what followed couldn’t have been predicted by many. The fashion editors in the audience took note of the beautiful creatures and hired them for their magazine’s autumn/winter editorials. As I’ve recently featured editorial pictures of Alessandra and Miranda on this blog here are a few of my favourite images of the other girls from the past few months. Proof that high fashion and sexiness can go hand in hand and work with spectacular effect…


Doutzen Kroes for FLARE Sept 2010.

Rosie Huntington Whiteley for Harpers Bazaar Russia May 2010.


Adriana Lima for Vogue Espana June 2010

All catwalk pictures pinched from Style.com and editorials from Fashion Gone Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment