Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Italian Job

So the fashion circus moves to Paris this week for the final leg of fashion month. I can’t wait, most of my favourite designers show in Paris. As mentioned in a previous post, I’m very VERY excited to see Lanvin and Elie Saab, both of which will show in a matter of days (EEEKK!).

To calm my excited self down, I’ve decided to post a round up of my favourites from Milan fashion week.

To me New York means commercial, London means edgy, Milan means glamour and Paris means theatrical. Milan did not lack its glamour again this season, although many labels were going for relaxed glamour. Roberto Cavalli, Missoni and Emilio Pucci all went down a super luxe bohemian route. I love the feminine floor sweeping designs that swished up and down the runway in Milan this season, and I’m even finding myself hoping for a boho revival, a la Sienna Miller circa 2004. Here are some of my favourite rich-hippy looks from Milan, the first 4 are Roberto Cavalli and the second 4 are Emilio Pucci:

















I’ve just realised that in the post I’ve just mentioned, I listed Versace as one of the shows I was most looking forward to seeing. So I’ll slap myself on the wrist for not posting about their s/s 11 offering yet. But I do have a very good excuse for my lack of posts, just not one that I wish to share, some things are better when kept to one’s self :)

The Versace s/s 11 collection was not as I had predicted. Gone was the long, glossy mane of hair, the dramatic eye make up and red carpet goddess gowns of previous seasons, and in their place was a polished, powerful Versace woman. The Versace girl of collections gone by had put her legs away as mini hemlines were replaced with knee length pencil skirts. But what the models lacked in flesh flashing they made up for in powerful silhouette. Proof that you don't have to show every possible inch of decent flesh to still look THAT sexy. This is a woman who makes a statement and dresses for herself, not for who she thinks may be looking.










All images from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment