Friday 3 September 2010

Welcome, to the Moulin Rouge.










After reading Coco's Tea Party's Romeo and Juliet blog post I have been inspired. She wrote how, when she first watched Romeo and Juliet, she had an urge to physically jump into the film. It got me thinking which film I would love to live in. So, the thinking part didn’t take me too long because as soon as Baz Luhrmann (the director of the DiCaprio/ Danes Romeo & Juliet adaption) was mentioned I immediately thought of Moulin Rouge.

For the same reason CTP loves R&J, I love Moulin Rouge for the stunning costumes, the vivid colours, the jaw-dropping sets and the fabulous soundtrack. As you can see from these stills, Nicole Kidman has never looked as good as she does in full costume as the mysterious Parisian courtesan, Satine. I think it was this film that kick-started the trend for all things burlesque. A trend that will probably re-emerge this winter with the release of Christina Aguilera's hotly anticipated cinematic debut in the aptly titled, Burlesque. This is another one of those films that I can watch over and over and never get bored, it’s just that awesome. One of my housemates asked me the other day what my favourite film was, I was stumped, but Moulin Rouge would definitely make the top 5.

Which film makes you want to dive in?




No comments:

Post a Comment