Wednesday 22 September 2010

What Women Want


How is it that Christopher Bailey always seems to know what women want to wear before even they do? Burberry’s main man would seem to have another hit on his hands with this amazing motorbike inspired collection. The classic trench has been shortened and toughened up into a biker-style jacket, paired with skinny fit leather trousers and statement waist belts in various aqua hues.

I love this collection, its so sexy but in a ‘I dress for myself’ way not in a ‘I dress to please a man’ way. Does it remind anyone else of Frida Gianinni’s Gucci? Some of these looks wouldn’t look out of place on their catwalk in Milan next week.

As the aviator jacket has been this seasons big hit, it looks like we’ll be returning to our trusty biker jackets come spring. I love the silhouette of the Burberry girl for spring/ summer 2011, slim but feminine. It’s striking and quite a powerful look. Nothing bad can be said about this collection apart from the fact that they need to sack Nina Porter from the runway. That girl CANNOT walk in heels, she made me feel very uneasy every time she clomped down the catwalk (I think she may have even fallen over at one point).

I’ve highlighted my favourite looks above, and you can see the full show for yourself below.




What do you think of Burberry’s new collection?



Images from Fashionologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment