Tuesday 5 October 2010

Cheryl Cole: Prima Ballerina



When I first heard this song, I distinctly remember my initial thought being “What the F is with the random French?” But the more I listen to it the more I love Promise This. It would seem that Ms Cole is about to strike gold (or platinum) yet again. She looks absolutely stunning in the opening shots of the video. Her eye make up is incredibly fierce, and paired with a nude lip its very on trend with its sixties vibe. Now, this might not make sense, but have you ever noticed that when eye make up is swept up and out, and hair is swept off the face, it can make there wearer look bitchy? Like, in an ‘I’m-a-complete-bad-ass-so-don’t-even-try-to-fuck-with-me’ kind of way though, so it’s a complement.

I really wish she hadn’t put her extensions back in. Her hair was gorgeous at mid-length, it looked healthy and glossy but not in a fake way. But I like how they’ve pinned her hair up throughout the video, especially in the over-exagerated bun with the red dress (more about that in a minute) very Carrie Bradshaw-esque.

I love the sassy mini dress at the beginning of the video. I think short hem lengths look even sexier with long sleeves. See kids, it’s good to leave some things to the imagination, you don’t have to do legs and breasts to be super hot. The pattern looks like sparkling tree branches in winter, which is mirrored in the background of ballet scene. Ooh very artsy for a pop video.

I’m pretty sure that the red gown that she wears on the ‘balcony’ is the same Bottega Veneta dress that Leighton Meester wore in white to the Emmy Awards in last year. If it isn’t the same dress then it’s very similar. I love this dress, and I’m so glad that the stylist fully showed what it could do with a little help from a wind machine. She looks like a Grecian goddess in her uber posh toga.

Here are some stills from the video that I love…
















P.S. How many more people are going to rip off the Alexander McQueen/ Kate Moss video? First Cadbury now Cole…

No comments:

Post a Comment