Monday 1 November 2010

Cat's Eyes

After my Halloween escapades at the weekend, I have been inspired by 60’s style cat-like eye makeup. I love smoky eyes, but there is just something I love more about polished black eye makeup. I have recently started loving black liquid eyeliner again, after giving up a while ago due to lack of patience. I have just about mastered the art of a smooth line, so now I am in the mood for something a little more adventurous. So, the original plan for Saturday (my Halloween night out as I was working the day after actual Halloween) was to wear a mask as part of my cat/ Catwoman costume. This soon fell through, however, as I discovered that wearing plastic that close to your face is not half as ok as you assume it could be. I then decided to just paint on my cat eyes, for this I used copious amounts of both kohl and liquid eyeliner, and I was quite impressed with the results even if I do say so myself. Just goes to show what a bit of patience and a practiced steady hand can do. I completed my look with Girls Aloud for Eyelure eyelashes in Cheryl Cole (do you say ‘in’ when describing eyelashes? You know, like you say blah blah lipstick ‘in’ hot pink?) Anyway, here is the finished result…







I love that I’m getting back into makeup now, I went through a phase of not being bothered, but now I get incredibly excited at the thought of dolling up my face for an event. I love these images of Claudia Schiffer that I’ve found today that may inspire some of my future faces. They’re shot by one of my faves, Ellen von Unweth…












No comments:

Post a Comment