Tuesday 2 November 2010

Feeling Festive?

Can you believe that the December issues are already upon us? Seriously though, where has this year gone? It doesn’t feel like two minutes since New Years Eve 2010, and now it has nearly become time to start planning this year’s festivities. I pray that I find something fabulous to do this year after being let down on quite a few occasions by NYE in recent times.




So, back to the matter at hand, here is Vogue’s December cover featuring Emma Watson. We’ll get to Emma in a minute, but first of all I have to say that I really like the graphic wok on the cover. Some have criticized it and said that it’s too busy, but I think the shooting star type pattern over the cover and the font art on ‘Stardust’ look very pretty and festive, without being clichéd or OTT. I like the colours used too, the gold, cream and black palette reminds me of the December 2008 Kate Moss fold out cover.




Emma looks lovely on the cover. I’m still not sure about the severe hair cut, but it does look cuter here than on other pictures I’ve seen of it (where she looks ill). She has that Twiggy/ Mia Farrow thing going on in this picture, which suits her elfin features. I kind of wish Vogue had gone full throttle down the 60s route, and done fully dolled up monochromatic eye makeup and overly beige-d out lips. Who knows, this is only the cover, we might get some more diverse looks within the issue. I’ll be picking up my copy when it’s out on Thursday to have a look, but I won’t be holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment