Friday 7 January 2011

Girls of the CW

Whilst many fashion lovers are waiting with baited breath until Gossip Girl returns at the end of the month, I’m missing a whole host of other shows also on the CW.

The American TV network brings us the likes of One Tree Hill, The Vampire Diaries, 90210 and Hellcats, and offers viewers a catwalk of fashion with each episode.

Here, I’ve picked my favourite fashion ladies, from each of my favourite CW shows, to keep me going until they return from a winter hiatus in just over 2 weeks.


Sophia Bush




I love Sophia Bush’s style, I want her to be my best friend. Not just so I can steal her wardrobe, but because she seems like such an awesome person. She’s so passionate about a whole host of environmental projects, and, along with her boyfriend, Austin Nicholls, recently received an award from Global Green USA for her humanitarian efforts (I think). If you love Sophia as much as me, check out her website at http://www.sophiabush.com/.



Nina Dobrev




Nina Dobrev looks absolutely beautiful on screen, you can really see why she used to be a model. But on the red carpet, I feel like she’s yet find her own personal style. It’s like she’s trying on a load of other people’s looks for size to see what suits her. No doubt she’ll hit her red carpet stride soon enough, but for no she’s a bit hit and miss. Her gorgeous figure and beautiful face are what stop her becoming just another person in the crowd at awards ceremonies and premieres.



Shenae Grimes




On to 90210 next, the ‘zipcode’ of California’s premiere address: Beverly Hills. Off screen, Shenae Grimes doesn’t really look like she’d fit in with the stereotypical designer-head-to-toe-clad Beverly Hills set, as her look is a little more kooky. A little bit boho, a little bit preppy and just a touch of glamour mix together to create Shenae’s signature style on the red carpet. She always looks so ‘cool’ (I put ‘cool’ in inverted commas because I’m not sure whether it’s cool to use ‘cool’), and has an effortless hippy style in a similar style to Queen Sienna of the Bohos.



Ashley Tisdale




Finally we have the lovely Ashley Tisdale. I can’t help but think that this girl is fabulous because, come on, who doesn’t love Sharpay Evans in High School Musical? I like how she always tries something different on the red carpet, but her style never seems forced, she just suits everything. That is the sign of a very good stylist-client partnership, outfits in such different styles that always look naturally good. Gorgeously gorgeous hair and a glowing tan are her trademarks, a true California Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment