Friday 7 January 2011

Goodbye 'LC'

Lauren Conrad was photographed at a Cover Girl event earlier this week with shiny new hair. The former beachy blonde has been gradually going darker over the past year or so, being one of the celebrities to lead the trend for grown out roots. Now the final stage of her transformation, from reality TV personality to lust worthy fashion starlet, seems to be complete, leaving ‘LC from Laguna Beach’ behind.



I really like this darker look on Lauren, the addition of some golden highlights just through the ends helps to keep the new colour looking lively. Styled into big, loose waves, her new ‘do is complemented by the most wonderful healthy looking shine. Being a blonde myself, the one thing I find hard to achieve is a glossy effect, so I’m incredibly jealous of Lauren’s sheen. I think this photo has convinced me that it may be time to start investing in shine spray again.



Lauren has chosen a gorgeous, floaty cream dress to contrast with her darker locks, the effect of which works really well. I love the simplicity of the dress, with just a bow tied at the waist to give it some shape. I’ve decided that my own style is very simple, I’ve never really been a fan of frills and ruffles on myself, so this dress is particularly lust worthy as it allows you to be feminine without being fussy. I’m also head-over-heels for Lauren’s cage sandals, a tad early to be worn in the current UK climate but I shall be keeping a look out for something similar to add to my summer foot-drobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment