Thursday 6 January 2011

With An Emphasis On The 'Pretty'

My TV guilty pleasure, Pretty Little Liars, was back with a bang on Tuesday night. The US teen mystery/ drama pulled in over 4million viewers: impressive! Anyway, that’s enough of the boring facts, lets bring this back to the reason you’re reading. Besides, this show isn’t called PRETTY Little Liars for nothing and these girls have some awesome fashion tastes.

My two favourite actresses from the show, Lucy Hale (Aria) and Ashley Benson (Hannah) both attended the 2011 People’s Choice Awards last night in standout cocktail dresses.



Lucy looked lovely in a mustard yellow satin minidress, with origami-type detailing and statement shoulders. She went for it with the accessories, but, very surprisingly, it didn’t put me off the look. The statement necklace worked wonderfully, and would have been fine on its own, but the earrings are over-doing it a bit. I like that she’s kept all of her accessories in the same colour palette, so maybe this is what’s making me not hate it? I love the pop of colour on her lips and that her hair is styled into a disheveled up-do. Lucy reminds me of Sophia Bush, in the way that she is famous for being on the small screen but gives the big screen stars a run for their money in the style stakes. Here is another example of why Lucy Hale is fun to look out for on the red carpet…





Ashley also made a statement, but chose to use print rather than colour to make it. Her monochrome, one-shouldered minidress looked gorgeous and put her curves in all the right places. The plain black shoes bring the look down a notch, but Ashley’s choice of bright coral-red nails and lips puts her back in my good books. Does anyone else think that Ashley looks like Jessica Stroup (Erin Silver) from 90210? Here she is rocking the black lace trend at the end of last year, I think she has a thing for black pumps…



Shay Mitchell (Emily) and Troian Bellisario (Spencer) didn’t attend the PCAs, but they have been photographed recently looking pretty fabulous.





Shay has just been named as the new face of Pantene, which marks her as the first Pretty Little Liars girl to get a fashion or beauty campaign. I wonder who will be next? (My money is on Lucy Hale).





Troian makes me think of a brunette Whitney Port. I think it’s the long slender limbs and the model cheekbones.

No comments:

Post a Comment