Thursday 24 February 2011

Beauty Thursday: Braid-y Bunch














If you’ve been outside today, you may have had a slight surprise. Yes fellow Britain’s, you weren’t going mad, it actually did feel (dare I say it) warm. Well, ‘warm’ as in 15C in February, which weather people are describing as the hottest day of the year. I hope they mean ‘hottest day of the year SO FAR’, how depressing to think that this is as warm as 2011 is going to get. Almost enough to make me want to emigrate to a Californian beach right now…who am I kidding, like I need an excuse to want to move to California.

Anyway, as spring has almost-nearly-definitely sprung, I thought I’d share with you today an idea to try over the (potentially warm-for-February) weekend. Who doesn’t love petite braids? I certainly do, there is something so charming about adding a hippyish boho element to an ensemble, and girlish mini braids are a perfect way to do so. Of course a these dainty hair plaits have to be paired with disheveled hair, anything too polished and you’ll end up looking like a 5 year old on the way to a dance class (yes, we know ballet is a big trend right now but still…) I may be slightly biased, as I am part of the fair hair tribe at the moment, but I think this style looks best on highlighted blondes. Nothing says ‘summer is here!’ quite like some freshly gilded strands of hair.

(This look has been perfectly showcased by Kate Bosworth on the cover of the latest Nylon magazine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment