Monday 14 February 2011

Glamour at the GRAMMYs

And now for the diva-fest that was the Grammy Awards. I spotted a few trends, both fashion related and none-fashion.






















Fun, printed, floor length dresses were the stand out looks for me, and were worn by Nicole Kidman, Julianne Hough and Ciara.

I haven’t seen Nicole Kidman look this amazing in forever. Her ruffled Jean Paul Gaultier couture number gave her curves in all the right places, and her gorgeous red hair looked full and glamorous, you can tell from this picture that she is totally loving this look. And so she should, purely stunning.

Julianne Hough was my joint second favourite at the event, I love these colours on her, I think pinks and purples are great choices for a blonde.

Ciara, in her blue and white Pucci gown, was sporting my second trend-spot of the evening which I like to call ‘look at my legs’ (yes, very inventive, I know).

Both Ciara and Lea Michele made the most of the thigh high splits on their gowns and showed off a lot of leg. I hate both of these poses, so desperate for attention that they make me cringe.

Another ladies sporting the LAML trend was Jennifer Lopez, though she chose a mini dress to showcase her flawless pins so she doesn’t look half as try-hard. I love this look, she’s such a Diva, but she owns it and looks, frankly, like she doesn’t give a shit what you think.

Jennifer also showcased my third trend-spot, metallics. It wouldn’t be the Grammy Awards without a heavy dose of glitz and sparkling sequin overdose. Following JLo with this trend was Heidi Klum, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry.

Heidi looked her usual glamorous-yet-boderline-tacky self in this gilded backless gown. Miley went for a luxe-hippy style with her animal print floor length dress, which I’m assuming is by Roberto Cavalli, with whom she seems to have an obsession with at the moment.

Selena, who was my other second favourite tonight along with Julianne, looked drop-dead gorgeous in this pale gold sheath. Her long, glamorous, wavy hair and pretty make up looked amazing. I’m so in love with this look, I bet Justin Bieber nearly died when he saw how smoking hot his girlfriend looked.

Katy looked like she was in costume rather than an actual dress, there’s something a bit ‘off’ with KP’s look at the moment. One minute she nails it, the next she flops. This is a flop for me because it reminds me of an outfit I had for one of my Barbie’s when I was younger, I wanted to love it but I can’t (I’m sorry Katy, I still love you immensely).

Kelly Osbourne deserves a mention here, she looked stunning in lilac, and her hair is starting to look a little awesome.


And that rounds up this years BAFTAs and GRAMMYs. All-in-all, not too shabby, but I’m still very much looking forward to the OSCARs for a true ‘takes your breath away’ moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment