Wednesday 9 March 2011

Across the Chanel

As was expected, the Chanel aw11 show saw a fabulous front row turn out. Celebrities including Emma Roberts, Kanye West, Alexa Chung and Florence Welch all came out in support of Karl Lagerfeld and his new collection. One person who attended that confused me was Duffy, with the main questions being: ‘why was she invited?’ and ‘how could you wear something so unflattering at a Chanel show?’




The missing guest was, of course, Blake Lively. It was announced last week that the face of Chanel’s new handbag line for the spring/ summer season would not be attending the show as she had filming commitments with Gossip Girl in New York. But in place of Miss Lively, Karl had another one of my favourite blondes at his side in the shape of Clemence Poesy.

Along with Clemence, my favourite at this event has to be Emma Roberts. In a sea of monochrome her baby blue feathered number stood out for all the right reasons. I love that she paired the dress with silver heels too, her look is so cute, fun and perfect for someone her age attending such a prestigious fashion event.

Someone else forgoing the monochrome trend was Florence Welch who is in a style league of her own. The only thing is, every time I look at her now I see Noel Fielding, dressed as Kate Bush, dancing to Wuthering Heights.

Even though he is in monochrome (and I think he’s a bit of a douche) Kanye West looked super stylish in a white tuxedo jacket over track pants. I dislike Kanye’s demeanor and his ‘I’m better than all y’all’ attitude, but credit must go where it is due.
















No comments:

Post a Comment