Monday 7 March 2011

Bohemian Rhapsody

Paris Fashion Week is in full swing and it would seem that Nicole Richie has taken Olivia’s crown as Best Dressed Guest. At last month’s London Fashion Week it was all about Olivia Palermo and ‘what will she put together next!?’, but now it is definitely all about Nicole. I have long loved Nicole’s bohemian style, and she now seems to be throwing more streamlined silhouettes into the mix too.



To kick off my list of Nicole’s best looks from the past few days we have her travel outfit. She was photographed at LAX whilst checking in for her flight to Paris. I absolutely adore her leopard print coat paired with an all black outfit. A print as loud as leopard doesn’t need any competition, so by keeping the rest of her outfit simple Nicole manages to look chic and not even slightly ‘eek!’ I must say also how much I love her hat, super travel style at its best.



Once in Paris, Nicole was spotted out and about in an awesome Michael Jackson inspired outfit. Her bright red leather jacket is yet another piece that doesn’t need competition from another element of the outfit, so she kept it simple with a black tee, blue jeans and black pumps. I love the nonchalant rip at the knee in her jeans, I tried to do this once with an old pair of Topshop jeans and failed miserably, I just couldn’t get the fray right and they ended up in the bin. She completed this ensemble with the latest IT bag from Celine.



Whilst in Paris Nicole has attended a few shows. Here she is at the Panther and Iris themed Givenchy show (more on this later) in a brown leather shift dress and cute grey pumps. Here’s an example of Nicole’s evolving style as she moves towards more fitted shapes. A few years ago I could not imagine Nicole in something as simple as this, but she looks so elegant and perfect for the front row of a Paris show. Another good example of this simple style is her Halston dress at the Oscar Parties last week.



My favourite look from Nicole’s past few days on the style circuit has to be her outfit at the Jean Paul Gaultier show. It is a perfect mix of Old Nicole and New Nicole with chic simplicity underneath and bohemian rhapsody on top. I am DYING to get my hands on this cape. I think it is possible the best cover up I have ever seen in my life. Someone has asked where I would wear such an incredible item, but, as I said to them, I would wear something as awesome as this it all the time. To work, on a dinner date, on a night out, to the gym (not that I go to the gym), to family gatherings, to do the washing up, to the shops… the possibilities are endless (but in reality I do realize that I would be very limited unless I wanted to be stared at like a weirdo).


What is your favourite Nicole Richie look from Paris Fashion Week so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment