Tuesday 22 March 2011

I want to be a Chloe Girl







Now that I have caught you up with my favourite fashion looks from the AW11 shows, I can move onto the hair and beauty looks I loved. One of my favourites was the face at Chloe’s show. Although I wouldn’t necessarily class it as an autumnal look, as girls sashayed down the runway with hair and make up that instantly had me craving for long, hot summer days.

Long tresses were wavy and carefree, and make up was nude with a slight hint of bronze on the eyelids, and even a smattering of painted on freckles over the nose and cheeks. If freckles don’t instantly scream “SUMMER IS HERE!” I don’t know what does? The only hint of a typical autumn/ winter look were the spidery, blackest black top and bottom lashes.

I love this look. In recent months I have been keeping my daytime make up look down to as little as possible, mainly for two reasons. Firstly, because I really don’t have the time/ can’t be bothered to faff about first thing on a morning before I have to leave the house at 8.15. And secondly, I have ‘troubled’ skin (to put it nicely) and so I’ve been trying to keep the amount of products on my face to a bare minimum. Plus, every magazine I pick up it boldly states ‘Less Is More’ so who am I to argue? (Well, except when I go for a night out, then I find the ‘More is More’ approach to be the way forward. Red lips + false lashes + cat-eye liner + ultra sculpted cheeks? If it’s good enough for Gaga…)

The Chloe Girl of AW11 is definitely a look that I can see myself channeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment