Monday 14 March 2011

The Jewel in the Crown of Paris Fashion Week

If ever there was a designer who was made to make the red carpet, it is Elie Saab. The King of High Fashion Glamour hit it out of the park again with his autumn/winter 2011 collection which showed on the last day of Paris Fashion Week.

I follow many fashion types on Twitter, and I was surprised to see quite a few of them announcing the end of fashion week after the Miu Miu show. Why weren’t these people who had been to all the ‘prominent’ shows (Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Chanel etc…) going to the Elie Saab show? Well, I’m still not sure, but this was the one show I had been looking forward to ALL season.

And I’m so glad that I wasn’t disappointed! I’ve picked a few of my favourite looks, seen below, but you really should check out the full collection here. My favourite gowns are both worn by Magdelena Frakowiack, the red pleated number with the full skirt and the nude shimmer with the front split and thin waist belt. These gowns are both dying to be worn on the red carpet, but by who? After her amazing turn in Elie Saab at the Oscars, I would love to see Mila Kunis in either of these dresses, but I’m thinking the nude sparkler. I think Jennifer Lawrence would look stunning in the red, and with the new X Men film out in a few months time, who knows what might happen?














No comments:

Post a Comment