Wednesday 8 June 2011

2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards: Best Dressed

Yet again there was a serious lack of actual glamour at Glamour magazine's Women of the Year awards. For all the fuss foreigners make of British style, we sure don't show it off when we get the chance (see also the Brit awards and various TV awards). The only British event I'm never let down by is the BAFTAs, but there again, it is mainly the American stars that get me excited.

Back to last night's shindig, and there are four people that I feel the need to give mention to for their glamorous efforts.

First up we have Jessie J. OMG right!? Don't worry if it takes you a second or two to recognise her because I didn't believe it either. She looks amazing, so classically stunning. Without a see through bodysuit or over made-up face in sight. The neutral makeup and Hollywood waves are beautiful, I hadn't realised how pretty she was until now.
Next is Katherine Jenkins in a gorgeous coral Victoria Beckham dress with black detail. All Katherine seems to wear is Victoria Beckham, but she always looks beautiful so, as they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I love the loose up-do, I try to create a similar style with my hair all the time, it's surprising how much time and effort a no-effort-looking 'do can take.
Then we have Rosie Huntington-Whitely, or 'the new Megan Fox' as I keep explaining her as to people not in the know. As a model (ex-model?) she is bound to always look smoking hot, but she keeps it classy and stays away from the Herve Leger bandage dresses that seem to be the uniform of a Victoria Secret model. She is glowing in this metallic nude Stella McCartney design. I love that her hair, skin, dress, shoes and clutch are all in similar shades.
Finally I've picked out Kristen Wiig. America's newest comedienne on the block looked an absolute knock out in this mustard J.Mendel dress, and was my favourite of the night. SEE?! At a British event, and American still gets my pick for best dressed. I haven't really taken much notice of Kristen on the red carpet before, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for her from now on if this look is anything to go by.







No comments:

Post a Comment