Sunday 18 September 2011

My Favourite things from New York Fashion Week

I'm so far behind on fashion month and we're only just on week 2! Instead of posting loads of posts in one go I'm going to do a round up at the end of each city's shows with my favourites.

There was an array of confectionary coloured clothes on display at NYFW. I love pastles, especially lilac and mint green, so there was plenty to love from many collections. It's dresses all the way for me, and I find that I especially can't stop thinking about the Great Gatsby-esque silk gowns at Ralph Lauren. I also love the lilac Badgley Mischka gown which NEEDS a red carpet moment soon, preferably on Leighton Meester or Dianne Kruger.

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I wish daily dressing up was still the done thing. Although you'd never think it as my day-to-day uniform tends to be jeans and a t-shirt. At the moment, if I could live in any other era it would be, without a doubt, the 1910's, and I would live in Downton Abbey. Upstairs, naturally.

Ralph Lauren

Oscar De La Renta
Marchesa
Jason Wu
Badgley Mischka
Jenny Packham
Lela Rose
Rodarte
Vera Wang

No comments:

Post a Comment