Monday 16 January 2012

Golden Globes 2012: Let Downs

I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible, because some of my favourite actresses are in this post and I feel guilty.

Lets start with Jessica Chastain. I have no problems with her dress, which is Givenchy Couture, but her Dolly Parton-esque hair really lets the look down. This is the Golden Globes, not the Country Music Awards. An up-do would have been majorly prefered.

Next is Mila Kunis. Goddess Mila, why have you reverted to black? I thought you had finally embraced colour (and a smile) but I feel like you just took a huge step backwards. Maybe you were contractually obliged to wear this Christian Dior dress, but you should have asked for it in colour. Or at leat added a pop of colour via a clutch or a lipstick.

Unfortunately, as was the case with SMG, Reese Witherspoon was let down by too much fabric. This time, the extra fabric was gathered at the foot of the dress. I understand that the petite 5'1" actress will have trouble trying to find gowns that fit her, but she is REESE WITHERSPOON for crying out loud, one of the (if not the) highest paid Hollywood actresses. If Jason Wu wanted his gown to be on the best dressed lists, you'd have thought that he'd have taken the gown up by about a foot. On the other hand, I love her beachy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment