Tuesday 24 August 2010

Growing Pains (in the ass)

I’m sorry, I just can’t hold back any longer. I’m getting really bored of Taylor ‘I’m nothing like Courtney Love’ Momsen.
First of all her media personality, if you can call it that. She must be giving hundreds of interviews in promotion for her band, The Pretty Reckless. So, by now, she should know what she should say and what she shouldn’t. If I hear her complain one more time about being ‘misquoted’ i.e. attempting to take back a bitchy comment way too late, I swear…It’s a shame, because, as I’ve said before, the band is pretty good. But, Taylor, I’m afraid it’s not rock. I mean, I’m no expert but I’m fairly sure I’m right. Pop-rock possibly.









I’m going to go down a slightly different route to everyone else who is blogging/ writing about Momsen. What she wears doesn’t bother me. Well, I mean, yeah it’s probably inappropriate. As inappropriate as dressing like a ‘high-class hooker’ (her words not mine) can be for a just turned 17 year-old. I’m just bored by the whole look, it’s always the same. Basque-type top? Check. Garter belt? Check. Hold ups? Check. Eye liner to rival a panda? Check. Ratty blonde extensions? Check. Stripper shoes? Check. We get it, you’re trying to create ‘A Look’ but it’s all a bit try hard and boring now. Just give us a bit of variety, any kind of variety, and I would be grateful.

Seriously though. Why are girls ALWAYS in such a rush to grow up? As I am about to turn 21, I’m looking back and thinking where the F did the time go? When you’re a teenager you never seem to appreciate it at the time, but I’d love to go back and live it all again. The little drama’s that seem epic at the time, the first loves, the first times, the fashion mishaps and make up mistakes are all the parts of growing up that I love.

17 year-old Miley Cyrus attempts to prove she's not a little girl anymore.

I feel slightly sorry for the young stars in the spotlight, because they will never get this time back and they will never get to experience it the way it’s meant to be experienced. Or maybe they do, and when they fall off the wagon (or the bar stool) the only difference is instead of a friend there to catch the moment on camera to post on facebook, it’s a paparazzi there to catch the moment to sell on to a gossip blog. I’m the first to admit that when I was younger I may have occasionally dressed older than my years, but it was exactly that, OCCASIONALLY. The Taylors and Mileys of this generation, however, seem to be racing each other to the finish post of 21-years-old. Then what? Oh, right, yeah, THIS is what happens…


BTW, if you see me wearing my hold up effect tights this weekend, don't call me a hypocrite as I am old enough to be wearing such an item. Also, for the record, I like Miley Cyrus as she has proved to us many times that she can look very age appropriate and beautiful. Unlike Taylor, who tends to look like a dirty prostitute.


Do you think young stars are in a rush to grow up?


All pics pinched from DailyMail.co.uk (funny right? Seeing as though this practically could have been copied and pasted from one of their prudish writers!) apart from the Miley green corset pic and the Britney head shave which are pinched from other blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment