Wednesday 25 August 2010

Hair Prayers



I think I may have found the answer to my festival hair prayers. Drew Barrymore has had a brilliant run so far promoting Going the Distance, her new film due out co-starring her on-again off-again boyfriend Justin Long.

Her hair is A-MA-ZING! I love everything about it. The colour is stunning, I love two-tone hair. Sarah Jessica Parker is notoriously associated with this trend as she made roots fashionable as Carrie Bradshaw in series 5 and 6 (I think) of Sex and the City. I asked a hairdresser for this look once, I don’t think they fully understood what I meant. I suppose when someone comes in for their hair doing and asks for roots on purpose, a bit of confusion is to be expected. I’m pretty sure the technique is called ‘balayage’, originally inspired by the likes of Giselle and other South America Victoria’s Secret models/ goddesses who look to have naturally sun-kissed, i.e. not obviously highlighted, hair. Great for people like me who can’t afford to keep up with their roots every 6-8 weeks as this is a style that looks better as it grows, perfect!

I love the style the most though. The beachy waves are again in place, with a bit of backcombing for height and volume, but they’re accompanied by randomly placed plaits. I love plaits, they were my go to hair style when I was little, and not much has changed since. They’re so girly and cute, what's not to love really? If I’m ever bored I sit and plait my hair, it tends to annoy people as I sit and ‘faff’ but I find it relaxing and it looks pretty, so there.

What do you think? Is this style a festival saviour or just a scruffy mess?

No comments:

Post a Comment