Tuesday 14 September 2010

The Ethereal Bryce



Is it possible to develop a style crush from just one picture? The lovely Bryce Dallas Howard (the ‘blind chick’ from The Village or the ‘second Victoria’ in Twilight) looked gorgeous on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival a few days ago. She is wearing Elie Saab, whose collection, as a side note, I’m really looking forward to seeing when it pops up on Style.com after the Paris shows. Elie Saab, as I’ve mentioned previously on this blog, makes some of the world’s most beautiful dresses. I think, in my eyes, he’s the only person to rival Marchesa as the crown jewel of red carpet events.



I keep wondering what shade of nude would suit me, I didn’t buy into it over the summer as I couldn’t find the right hue that didn’t make me look washed out. But, having similar pale colouring to Bryce I think this mushroom/ greyish colour is what I should be looking for as it suits her perfectly. A lot of blogs are describing her look as ‘ethereal’ and I couldn’t agree more, here is a definition for you:

e•the•re•al
1. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; intangible.
2. Highly refined; delicate.
3. a. Of the celestial spheres; heavenly.
b. Not of this world; spiritual.





I’m also crushing on her hair, I love the natural dark red. There are so many girls around at the moment with bright, un-natural, look-at-me shades of hair, but it all just seems a bit try hard to me and attention seeking. This shade allows your colour to be bold whilst still staying subtle at the same time, the last thing I would want is people thinking I’d dyed my hair for attention, how lame…



All picures pinched from JustJared.buzznet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment