Tuesday 7 September 2010

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

I love that Fergie song, that needs downloading as soon as I get in tonight.
Anyway, as the SS11 shows are just around the corner (yey!) I’ve put together a list of my Top 5 ones to watch out for this season. As I’m a sucker for a gown, I have mainly gone for designers who I know will bring glamour with a capital ‘G’ to the runway, with the exception of Rodarte, who tend to bring grunge rather than glamour.

Rodarte SS 2010

I love Rodarte. You will have seen one of their many amazing creations in my previous post on Natalie Portman at the Venice Film Festival. As I've said, I've mainly picked glamorous designers as I do love a red carpet fix, but I had to include Rodarte. Their designs are like works of intricate art, there is always a lot going on but it all works amazingly together.

Lanvin SS 2010

I can't wait to see what Alber Elbaz will create for his Lanvin Ladies this season. I'm expecting lots of gorgeous cocktail dresses with, possibly, the occasional beautifully tailored trouser. Perhaps what we see on the SS11 runway at Lanvin could be a forecast for the Lanvin hearts H&M collaboration? Here's hoping.

Versace SS 2010

There's nothing like a bit of Versace to get your full-on-drop-dead-gorgeous-glamour fix. I always look forward to the final few looks of every show as that's when they reveal the gowns you know you will see at near future premieres and awards ceremonies. I would expect to see lots of flowing goddess hair, figure enhancing dresses and killer heels.

Marchesa SS 2010

Mmmmm stands for Marchesa. Georgina Chapman (wife of movie mogul, Harvey Weinstein) and Keren Craig are red carpet geniuses! There is no other way to adequately describe them. Every season they produce the most luscious cocktail dresses and floor-length gowns, and dress the lovely likes of Blake Lively and Dianne Kruger.

Elie Saab SS 2010

Another high powered red carpet fashion player. I mostly look forward to seeing Elie Saab's Couture collections twice a year, but I always keep an eye out at the ready-to-wear shows. Even majority of the exquisite RTW collection can be pretty much guaranteed to be seen on a red carpet at some point. One of my favourite Elie Saab moments from this year has to be Rachel McAdams in the stunning Spring 2010 Couture dress at the OSCARs - STUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment