Tuesday 9 November 2010

Shimmer and Shine

So in the run up to Christmas, you can be sure that there will be a huge selection of metallic themed outfits on offer for all your seasonal parties. What is it about this time of year and glitz? Don’t get me wrong, I love a bit of shimmer, but why this time of year in particular I wonder? Was there once a trend for dressing like a Christmas tree decoration, and we’ve never really fully gotten over it? Who knows, but I’m not complaining, any excuse for a sequin overdose!

So, as I was making my daily browse of Red Carpet Fashion Awards, I spotted the lovely Kate Hudson sporting a metallic gown for the GLAMOUR Women of the Year awards held at Carnegie Hall in New York. Sometimes I forget how amazing Kate looks on the red carpet, and this pure Hollywood look, thankfully, reminded me. Everything from the side swept golden tresses to the red pout scream ‘A List’, beautifully refreshing after watching one too many episodes of The Only Way is Essex (which I really shouldn’t love as much as I do).




I decided to have a look at Kate’s sartorial choices of late, and found a reoccurring theme going on. Girl LOVES a glamorous gown, and when she looks as good as this who can blame her. As they say: “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. There’s always something a little sexy going on too, a thigh high split here or an open back there, showing off the petite actresses best features to their full potential. Here are my favourite gown looks from Kate’s back catalogue…








Also at the GLAMOUR event last night looking amazing was Hilary Swank. I find Hilary Swank a bit hit and miss sometimes on the red carpet, but she has really been getting it right lately. She has also fallen under the spell of metallic, and looked gorgeous in Versace at last night’s event, as well as this silver Donna Karan number at the London premiere of her new film, Conviction.




No comments:

Post a Comment